Company: NKN Consultancy Inc.
Business information: NKN Consultancy Inc. provides IT consulting services. We specialize in Data Management, Quality Control and Assurance Services.
Business address: 30 Ashdale Road, Brampton, ON, L6Y 5M7
Location of work: 6660 Kennedy road Mississauga ON L5T 2M9 and various locations throughout the GTA
Note: Telecommuting will be required during the pandemic.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Collect and document user’s requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, and data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability and suitability of data
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- Able to understand the features and workflows of Autonomous Database; provisioning and connecting, migration using SQL Developer, Data Pump and Golden Gate, manage and monitor, and understand tools, reporting and analytics using Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Travel to different locations to implement software and give customer service support
- Follow up on clients after the implementation of the database
- Until the COVID-19 health crisis passes: responsibilities of the chosen candidate will be adjusted to include working from home.
-Education: A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or completion of a college Diploma in database Administration is required.
-Experience: At least three years of Database Administration experience or one year of Oracle Database specialist experience.
-Working conditions and physical capabilities: Tight deadlines, repetitive tasks and attention to details, fast-paced environment, combination of sitting, standing, walking and work under pressure
Personal Suitability: Organized, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, team player, excellent written communication, accurate, excellent oral communication, initiative, judgment
-Computer and technology knowledge: Database Software, C + language & DB security
– Certification: Oracle database Administration Specialist Certification, Microsoft Azure Certification will be an added advantage.
-Management Systems: Oracle
Salary: $38.46 – $39.46 hourly, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance. Cellular expenses paid and transportation covered from one location to another
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work Schedule is Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00PM. Weekend work and overtime may be required based on the business needs. We will also give flexibility and have security measures for the worker during the pandemic.
Work setting: Consulting Firm
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 30 Ashdale Road, Brampton, ON, L6Y 5M7