Company: J-R Home Designer Inc.
Business information: JR Design is a full service boutique design firm specializing in high-end custom homes, rebuilds and renovations. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of expertise in the field, while making sure their vision is met with our unique approach to design.
Business address: 371 Strawberry Cres. Waterloo, ON N2K 3J3
Work Location: same as above
Note: Telecommuting available during the pandemic
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare engineering designs and drawings
• Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data related to housing and small commercial buildings.
• Write technical reports
• Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters
• Write specifications
• Estimate costs and materials
• Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
• Examine drawings for conformity and errors
• Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
• Prepare contracts and tenders
• Read and interpret blueprints, building plans and drawings
• Operate computer-assisted design (CAD, REVIT, ARCHICAD) and drafting workstations
• Check and verify design drawings conform to specifications and design data
• Identify and flag any design issues or discrepancies noticed during the design process
• Communicate with manager to complete designs and send them to production, in accordance with project timelines
• Communicate with customers, if required, for clarification on plans or details
• 3D modeling, virtual tour developing and rendering images using softwares such as LUMION, 3D MAX and UNREAL
• Until the COVID-19 health crisis passes: responsibilities of the chosen candidate could be adjusted to include working from home.
– Education: Completion of a two- to three-year college program in design, drafting technology or in a related field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered if educational requirements are not met.
– Experience: Two years of experience as a drafting technologist are required
– Advanced Indoor and Outdoor Design knowledge is required.
– Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is mandatory
– Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code is an asset
– Knowledge of residential building components and construction terminology is a strong asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, attention to detail
Personal Suitability: Team player, excellent written and oral communication, organized
Type of drafting required: manual drafting, free-hand drafting, shop drawings, detailing drafting, presentation drawings
Computer and Technology knowledge required: MAC, Intranet, Internet, Desktop applications, File management software, security software, multimedia software, Word processing software, presentation software, mail server software, communication software, image editing software, computer-aided design (CAD), AutoCAD, Autodesk REVIT, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, MS Windows, Spreadsheet, Lumion, 3D MAX, UNREAL
Language: Spanish (oral and written) is a strong asset
Salary: $30.29 to $32.00 hourly, 35 Hours per week
– Flexibility in schedule is required to work extended hours/overtime and/or weekends on occasion to meet customer deadlines. The employee will work from Monday to Friday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM with one hour of unpaid break included.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail: 371 Strawberry Cres. Waterloo, Ontario N2K 3J3