- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Dietitian
|Date||November 11, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :DIETITIAN
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is looking for casual Clinical Dietitians to join their team! The position works 08:00 to 16:00 between Monday and Friday on an as-needed basis. Casuals can work anywhere between 0 and 37.5 hours per week and restricted activities per the B.C. College of Dietitians may be required.
How will you make an impact?
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health. If you are passionate about making a positive impact within your community, apply today!
What you will do?
The Dietitian liaises and advises food service staff on patient/client/resident care issues and menu development. The Dietitian provides input to the Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development of nutrition practice guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the facility and program.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts nutrition screening and assessment of patients, clients and residents utilizing established standards and guidelines and relevant biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
• Educates clients/families regarding the rationale and mechanics of the nutrition care plan as adapted to the clients’ treatment modality, economic situation, eating habits, learning ability, and cultural background.
• Documents nutrition care plans, goals, and recommendations in the patient, client or resident chart in accordance with established standards/guidelines/regulations.
• Communicates with multidisciplinary team members and participates in patient/client/resident rounds and care conferences.
• Provides input to Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of nutrition practice guidelines, quality improvement initiatives and education materials/programs based on current literature/research.
• Serves on departmental/program/organizational committees and represents the department/program on external committees as required.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits to eligible employees and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. If you are an experienced Social Worker and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Two year’s of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience suitable to the facility or program is required.
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area such as: Diabetes Education, Nutrition Support, and Kidney and Chronic Disease Management Programs.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: