Date: Jan 11, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40941 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Director of Facilities & Real Estate at Hydro One is accountable for the development, implementation, and monitoring of the company’s real estate and facilities programs to ensure they align and contribute to the strategy of the transmission and distribution businesses.
The Director, Facilities & Real Estate will report directly to the VP, Shared Services, and will be required to:
- Demonstrate visible leadership to develop and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- To acquire real estate assets/rights cost effectively to achieve corporate strategic objectives, meet client delivery schedules and meet customer needs.
- Create revenue opportunities by managing the province’s secondary land use corridor programs while protecting the transmission operational requirements.
- Ensure Hydro One’s taxation resulting from the property assessments and taxation programs is fair and consistent, and meeting corporate objectives.
- To secure and renew land use permits on First Nation Reserves to obtain continual legal occupation.
- Manage the low voltage payment, rights inquiry, records and title registration programs to meet legislative, operational requirements and external customer requirements.
- Act as a steward as it relates to Hydro One property rights on privately and publically held properties (e.g. easements, land use permits, licenses, etc.) including interface with property owners and municipality representatives, to meet Corporate objectives related to
- Corporate reputation and customer relations while at the same time protecting the Company’s property rights.
- Acquire new real estate and property rights in support of corporate strategic objectives.
- Maintain, manage and divest the existing facilities and real estate in support of corporate work programs.
- Strategize and develop forecasts of company’s facility needs by taking into consideration timing of acquisitions, renovation and maintenance activities to improve functional use of real estate.
- Oversee building long and short term plans while taking into consideration changing technologies and changing regulatory environments.
- Responsible for smooth delivery and execution of facility management projects.
- Manage operating budgets and identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Promote an inclusive and diverse workforce that is conductive to high level learning and encourages continuous learning.
- Prepare reports relative to performance, productivity, business planning and control for the department.
- Assist business in determining a comprehensive strategy that will drive value for both customers and shareholders.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience work in real estate/facilities management.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Proven leader who consistently seeks innovative ways to improve cost efficiency.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders including: executive leaders, vendors, landowners, Indigenous communities and organizations, and government entities.
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration.
- Certified Facility Manager, Certified Property Manager, Facility Management Administrator Designation, or Real Property Administrator Designation would be an asset.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 25, 2021