Who We Are
We’re an agency that creates custom workplace learning solutions for our incredible roster of clients. We design, develop, and deliver the training programs that organizations need to train their employees. Our products and services include curriculum analysis, design and development, learning strategy, systems training, onboarding, performance support and medical writing through eLearning, eBooks, (virtual) instructor-led training, blended learning, mobile, video and so much more.
Our focus is on creating the highest quality learning experiences for our clients. We’re learning experience designers and content developers at our core. It’s through a thoughtful combination of experience, innovation, and strategy that we design the most powerful ways to train people.
Everything we create is custom and built in strong partnership with our clients, so that we can meet each client’s specific and unique objectives. We consult across a range of industries, including (to name a few!) pharmaceutical, financial services, government, public and retail.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to be diverse, inclusive, and fair, and that work is never finished. We celebrate differences in our team, candidates, clients, and community, and are excited about the way different perspectives can enrich our work.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a leader in learning strategy and design. Someone who, through experience leading learning design across different modalities, industries, and varieties of complexity, understands the intricacies of how people learn.
As Metrix continues to grow, we have created this new position on our leadership team. You will be responsible for growing some existing accounts, as well as acquiring new clients. You’ll be the leader of a self-contained team, comprising some existing Metrix employees (they’re all great!), as well as some people that you hire yourself (with senior HR support). You will hold total accountability for all work completed by your team, including managing the continuous evolution of learning strategy and design approaches in your team’s work.
As a member of our leadership team, you will contribute meaningfully to Metrix’s culture, including through participating in and leading internal/operational initiatives. Your values are aligned with ours, and you believe steadfastly in justice and equality. You’re excited about being a leader at a growing company, and are passionate about learning.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced working in Learning & Development in an agency environment, but we’d also love to chat with you if you’re (1) an accomplished client services director with experience managing corporate accounts in an agency environment, OR (2) an established learning strategist with experience across industries and in leading and developing teams.
At Metrix, we are a team of curious, dedicated, and diverse individuals who work with a people-first mindset and are constantly collaborating and sharing ideas. We’re working remotely for now, and when the world returns to “normal” will be a flexible workplace with the option to work at home or at the office. In the meantime, we look forward to meeting your virtually!
Sales, Relationships, and Account Growth
- Achieve revenue targets (set annually with the CEO) through sales, relationships, and account growth
- Build strong relationships with our existing clients (you’ll inherit some!), as well as with potential clients through identifying opportunities for capabilities presentations and proposals
- Develop key account plans to grow existing accounts
- Manage key customer accounts on an on-going basis and provide monthly reporting to the leadership team
- Maintain knowledge of industry and key-account relevant information
- Write competitive proposals (RFPs and RFIs) across sectors
- Conduct sales pitches
- Help to establish pricing strategies
Product and Service Excellence
- Consult with your clients, using your expertise to provide the best learning strategy and design solutions for them meet their business objectives.
- The learning solutions that we design for our clients vary in complexity, and our services include:
- Rapid authoring eLearning
- Virtual and in-classroom training
- Whiteboard and animated video
- Live-action video
- Digital and print reading
- Augmented reality
- Social learning
- Coaching supports
- Action/experiential learning
- The components of the project life cycle are as follows:
- Launch the project
- Clarify scope and deliverables
- Conduct project team meetings
- Design the learning solution
- Deliver the solution and support client implementation and evaluation
- Manage and oversee a team throughout the execution of the project life cycle, taking opportunities throughout the process to coach them and help them grow
- Take personal initiative and responsibility to ensure outstanding results, through ensuring that the team’s learning solutions are well-designed, effective, on time and on budget
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout the duration of the project and relationship, and flag and resolve quality issues well-before they become a problem.
Coaching and Collaboration
- Lead an existing team of high-performing learning solutions designers, as well as build out your team based on needs you identify
- Coach your team, building learning and leadership capabilities in both junior and senior members
- Ensure your team is optimized, and comprises the right combination of skills and expertise to provide service excellence to your clients on time and on budget
- As a member of the senior leadership team, share your expertise company-wide, and contribute to leadership initiative
Technology and Innovation
- Continually build your expertise and demonstrate it through a range of channels, including internally
- Demonstrate a commitment to innovation through research, networking, and creativity
- Actively ensure that you are always “one step ahead” when it comes to technology and innovation
- Always use strong design thinking and problem-solving skills
Metrix Leadership and Development
- Contribute to Metrix’s strategic planning and direction
- Lead and inspire your team and the company as a whole
- Demonstrate visible commitment to Metrix’s mission, vision, values and business goals
- Contribute to building a culture and environment for success
- Demonstrate mutual value and respect for team members
- Experience, Qualifications, and Competencies
- Experience leading learning design across different modalities, and all scales and varieties of complexity.
- Experience building high performing teams and developing talent
- A positive, team-focused, collaborative attitude
- Ability to work with and consult to senior executives (VP level and above) as a peer
- Ability to simultaneously manage a team, multiple projects, client relationships, and internal initiatives while achieving revenue targets
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced, agency-style environment, and focus on solutions
- University degree; MEd considered an asset, CTDP considered an asset; Agency experience preferred but not required