Fernwood Neighbourhood Resource Group (Fernwood NRG) is a multi-service non-profit community organization working in Fernwood, Victoria. We are seeking an experienced management professional for an exciting new leadership opportunity to strengthen and align our human, administrative, operational, and financial resources, which will enhance our ability to create positive impacts in our neighbourhood. This position will provide day-to-day operational leadership; key responsibilities include stewardship of human resources, facilities management, information technology, finance and general operations systems. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director, is a part of the senior management team, and manages a small team.
You, the ideal candidate, love building operational and administrative systems that help organizations and people thrive. You see investment in human resources and the policies that support them as crucial for an organization. You believe in the value of decent work for all. You have a passion for creating more socially just, inclusive, and resilient communities. You are a collaborative and thoughtful leader who is fair, communicates clearly and honestly, and engages people in planning and decision-making processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations and Finance
- Lead the development of operational policies and procedures while identifying opportunities and implementing solutions for improvement
- Manage day-to-day operations of Fernwood NRG
- Work closely with Executive Director and senior management team to develop budgets and internal controls, operational policies and procedures, risk management strategies and resource plans
- Lead a society wide IT assessment and modernization project
- Research and identify opportunities to grow a diversified funding base
- Build and maintain relationships with other staff, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activities and strategic goals
- Supervise and coordinate routine building maintenance as well as lead larger capital projects to the four buildings owned or operated by the Society
- Work with Executive Director to conduct a property review to create a capital replacement plan
- Manage both residential and commercial leases with the support of the housing outreach team
- Oversight of human resource policy and procedure
- Facilitate design and implementation of performance management and professional development strategies
- Work with payroll and management on leaves of absence, sick days, and work schedules
- Participate as a member of Fernwood NRG’s senior management team to provide overall strategic direction
- Provide leadership support, coaching, and mentorship to staff and volunteers
- Play a key role in operation planning, communications, and fundraising strategies
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum 5 years management experience within the non-profit sector
- Ability to work in a high pace environment, interacting with the public and staff
- Strong problem-solving, delegation, coaching, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
- Human resource experience, bringing an intersectional equity lens to human resource planning, engagement, and decision making
- Experience managing facility plans, contracts, and leases
- Ability to think strategically to plan, organize, and execute effectively
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude
- The successful candidate will undergo a criminal record check
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $60-67,000 per year and an extended benefits package.
Fernwood NRG is committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, and inclusion are considerations in our decision‑making, in our internal work, and in our work in the Neighbourhood. We are working towards a better understanding of reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples, and are seeking to increase our competence with anti-racism and decolonization.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and their resumes or CV on or before February 5th, 2021 to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted