Director, Programs and Operations – Full-Time (35 hours/week)
This non – profit organization undertakes research, develops training, and resources, and provides services and leadership to support Indigenous communities throughout BC in creating high quality, culturally respectful, spiritually enriching community child care services that are based in the child’s culture, language, and history.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Programs and Operations oversees the daily operations of the organization. This position collaborates closely with the Executive Director and guides the management team to ensure effective execution of the organization’s strategic plan to support both programmatic and organizational needs. The position provides leadership to create streamlined and integrated systems and processes that support impact-driven programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Management Team to implement and operationalize the organization’s strategic plan.
- Provides leadership to the management team and staff, ensuring that departments have the capacity to achieve their goals.
- Supports effective communication within the organization and ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and understood.
- Ensures staff have the tools, training, and resources to accomplish their work.
- Ensures that effective policies are developed, implemented, and followed with regard to Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Programs and Operations.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance to lead the annual budgeting process. Collaborates with the management team to develop and manage annual budgets.
- Works with the Executive Director and Management Team to ensure effective Human Resource practices are in place to support staff and the work of the organization.
- Creates a learning orientation within the organization supporting staff development.
- Leads the Management Team to ensure a healthy and productive work environment where employees work together to achieve individual, departmental and the organization’ overall goals.
- Ensures technology and information systems and tools support operational and programming needs.
- Oversees and supports the management team in planning, developing, and implementing inclusive and impactful programs that respond to community needs.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and supports a learning environment to support continuous improvement of programs.
- Provides oversight and guidance to monitor and evaluate overall program effectiveness and impact.
- Facilitates process for regular reporting to the Board and communities.
- Ensures effective program delivery and fulfillment of all contractual obligations, including oversight for monitoring and evaluation.
- Supports staff and contractors in writing grant proposals and establishing program plans and budgets.
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience combined with an advanced post-secondary degree in Business Administration; Social Sciences, Operations Management, or related field. Or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Committed to supporting Indigenous children and communities.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the performance of others.
- Demonstrated project-operational management experience, including knowledge of human resources, IT/systems, finance, project management.
- A strategic thinker with an ability to focus on the details of implementation.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Well-developed writing skills including report writing.
- Well developed computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of/experience in Indigenous organizations is an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
In accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal ancestry.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
Duration: Position to start ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following to email@example.com
A letter of interest, outlining how their previous experience and research would support this position
- A most recent C.V.
- Contact information for 3 references
We encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as possible, as applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
We thank all those who apply. Only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.