Jay Kali Construction Ltd. is currently looking for 1 Drywall Installer to join their team and must be able to fulfill the following duties:
• To read and translate blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings.
• Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
• Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
• Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
• Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
• Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
• Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
• Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
Completion of secondary school, Completion of 3or 4 apprenticeship program in plastering, drywall or lathing or A combination of over 3 years work experience and some high school , college or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or lathing is usually required.
• Salary: $28.00 /Hourly. Overtime starts after 40 hours per week.
• Fulltime, Permanent.
• Must be willing to travel to work sites all over lower Mainland BC.
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads .
Team Player, Reliability
Major Work Area:
Construction, Renovation, Maintenance and repair
Steel-toed safety boots.
Benefits: Relocation cost will be covered by employer.
13540-79Ave Surrey, British Columbia Canada V3W2Y8 and Various Locations in Lower Mainland, British Columbia
Interested candidates should contact immediately through:
E-mail: [email protected]
Regular Mail: 13540-79Ave Surrey, British Columbia Canada V3W2Y8