Garcha Drywall Ltd.
759 EAST 63RD AVE VANOUVER, BC- V5X 2K6
Salary: $27.50 – $29.00 per hour for 40 hours per week|
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Plasterers, Drywall Installers and Finishers and Lathers (7284)
NOC Job Title: Drywall Installer
Garcha Drywall Ltd is looking for 3 Drywall Installers (NOC 7284) to join its team to work all over the Lower Mainland & Vancouver area.
Operating all over lower mainland & Vancouver area based at 759 EAST 63RD AVE VANOUVER, BC- V5X 2K6
• Apply drywall to walls or ceilings of residential and commercial buildings.
• Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings.
• Fits and fastens wallboard or sheetrock into specified position, using hand tools, portable power tools, or adhesive
• Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
• Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
• Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
• Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
• Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound tape in compound.
• Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
• Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
• Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form.
• Install horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 3-4 year of work experience in the related trade is required Or Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program in plastering/dry walling is required.
- Good communication skills in English.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Large workload; Tight deadlines.
Eligible Candidate should have the ability to lift heavy objects such as drywall sheets, Ability to work effectively in adverse weather conditions, Ability to bend, stand, lift, carry for extended hours.
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices to apply immediately. We will be looking forward to hear from you.
Benefits will be paid as per BC Employment Standards Act. Vacation Pay 4 % of gross salary will be paid on Employee’s each scheduled pay cheque.
How to Apply
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: 759 EAST 63RD AVE VANOUVER, BC- V5X 2K6