One 4 All Construction Ltd.
8745 129 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 0L1
Salary: $27.50 – $29.00/Hourly for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Plasterers, Drywall Installers and Finishers and Lathers (7284)
NOC Job Title: Drywall Installer
Job Location(s): Operating all over lower mainland based at 8745 129 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 0L1
Job Description: One 4 All Construction Ltd. is a construction contracting company based at 8745 129 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 0L1, specializing in constructing residential and commercial buildings since 2017. We are eagerly looking for 2 Drywall Installers to join its team to work all over the Lower Mainland.
- Apply drywall to walls or ceilings.
- Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings.
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
- Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound tape in compound.
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form.
Completion of secondary school is required.
3 or more years of work experience in the trade Or Completion of a 3-4-year apprenticeship program in plastering/dry walling.
Satisfactory communication skills in English
- Ability to lift heavy objects such as drywall sheets
- Ability to work effectively in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to bend, stand, lift, carry for extended hours
As per BC Employment standards.
5 paid sick days annually.
4% vacation of the gross salary each pay period.
Overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular wages applicable after 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
Transportation to and from the job location is provided at free of cost in company vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, Hand-eye co-ordination, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Large workload, Tight deadlines
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices to apply immediately. We will be looking forward to hear from you.
How to Apply
Mail: 8745 129 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 0L1