EARLYON INDIGENOUS GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is dedicated
to helping all of our relations on their journey
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto (NCCT) is a non-profit, charitable organization located in the heart of downtown Toronto. The NCCT offers a wide range of Indigenous programs and services based on Indigenous cultural traditions and teachings.
I. Job Title: EarlyON Indigenous Graphic Designer
II. Employment Term, & Work Hours:
Term: Part time permanent position.
Work Hours: Maximum 25 hours/week or as needed, flexible to work evenings and weekends and at remote sites
III. Department: EarlyON Department
IV. Direct Report: EarlyOn Manager
V. Position Summary: The purpose of the EarlyON Indigenous Graphic Designer is to bring marketing and branding ideas to life within the EarlyOn department. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Digital and Social Media Coordinator and with the language teachers in the context of the creation of all EarlyON promotional materials, print and digital.
VI. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design EarlyON logos, letterheads, brochures, presentations, promotional materials, and website elements.
- Meet with EarlyON Manager and team members to determine requirements and vision for design elements, which may include multiple strategy meetings.
- Create multiple different versions of a similar product and send them through approvals.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest design trends by attending workshops, courses, and reading relevant material.
- Review finalized materials to be sure there are no errors.
- Work with internal technology software and hardware.
- Select fonts, colours, shapes, designs, styles, and layouts for projects.
- Commitment to learn and use an Indigenous language reflective of NCCT community
- Must have at minimum a college diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Time management skills to work on multiple projects at once and with various deadlines, especially if working in an agency
- Attention to detail to ensure that all team specifications are met and free of any errors
- Creative mindset to be able to bring a design to life with simple instructions
- Strong organisational skills to keep up with various team needs or projects
- Technical skills to work with popular graphic design programs like the Adobe suite
- Flexibility to be able to switch between projects or pivot quickly should the requirements of the project change
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture is an asset
- Ensures the NCCT is consistent with current local, provincial, and federal health guidelines and orders
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
VIII. Working Conditions: Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients
IX. Physical and Mental Requirements: There may be physical or mentally demanding elements to this position. If so, it is recommended that the applicant is experienced in dealing with emotionally traumatized Indigenous peoples and is professional, sensitive and empathetic to filming people who might be triggered when sharing personal details.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of the NCCT’s vision and mission, operate in a collaborative team setting and maintain high and professional productivity levels and quality of service.
This is a part-time position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Although preference will be given to Indigenous applicants (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Closing Date: Friday December 9, 2022
NCCT EarlyOn Program: EarlyOn Indigenous Graphic Designer
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org of the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.