Electronic Motor System Technician(NOC7333) (ottawa)
Company operating name: Javadsauto
Company business address: 107-2595 Blackwell St., Ottawa, ON K1B 4E4
Title of the position: Electronic Motor System Technician (NOC 7333)
– Testing and observing electrical and mechanical conditions of equipment.
– Troubleshooting and repairing electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators, and other electromechanical equipment.
– Testing, repairing, or replacing faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear.
– Replacing or reconditioning shafts, bearings, commutators, and other components.
– Winding, assembling, and installing various types of coils for electric motors or transformers.
– Performing static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing, or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts.
– Performing some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators, or other parts.
– Performing on-site servicing and repair.
– Diagnosing all power train components: identify noise source in engine, transmission or differential, troubleshooting and diagnosing the affected element(s), making recommendations on how to repair and eliminate the noise.
– Diagnosing fuel and injection systems: troubleshooting fuel systems (direct fuel injection, high pressure common rail fuel injection, etc.) identifying malfunction(s) and making recommendations on how to solve the problem(s) such as engine start problems, engine combustion malfunction, cylinder misfiring, etc.
– Troubleshooting all Daimler Electronic transmissions (6, 7, 9 series), disassembling, finding problem(s) and reassembling the transmission; and coding and calibrating the transmission for better shifting.
– Troubleshooting DTC’s: researching previous similar failures and finding solutions by using the Daimler aftersales portal website (ONLINE TIPS).
Terms of employment: Permanent and full-time
The language of work: English
Wage: CAD $31.80 per hour for 30 hours per week
Benefits package being offered: None
Location or locations of work: 107-2595 Blackwell St., Ottawa, ON K1B 4E4
Contact information to apply for the job: show contact info
– Team player
– Attention to detail
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to use the following tools:
– Diagnostic computer (Exentry and DAS Star): tool to diagnostic, troubleshoot, and modify coding of all Mercedes Class vehicles.
– Universal scanner: tool to diagnose, troubleshoot, and modify coding of all other brands.
– Endoscope: tool that helps to identify problems from inside the engine before the disassembly phase.
– Compressometer: tool that helps to measure the pressure of each cylinder.
– Manometer: tool that helps to measure the fuel, and oil pressure at a specified terminal.
– Lift: equipment to lift vehicles.
– Wheel alignment equipment.
– General electro-mechanical tools.
– Required education:
– Completion of secondary school and relevant training courses or a relevant vocational program is preferred but not required.
– Completion of a relevant four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience and industry courses in electrical mechanics is preferred but not required.
Required work experience: 1-3 years of work experience