Indian River Farms is seeking 4 Farm Equipment Operators who are self-motivated with good people skills.
We at Indian River Farms have been farming potatoes for 30 years and we are constantly growing! Farming is ingrained in our family and community and that dedication helps us focus on growth. Every year brings new challenges and opportunities. Indian River Farms will continue to meet those challenges head on and seize opportunities for growth whenever possible.
This position offers a competitive wage with excellent benefits!
Terms of Employment
The position of Farm Equipment Operator is a Seasonal (April to November), 40-90 hours a week position where wages range from $16 an hour to $18 an hour and is located at 1160 Route 20, Kensington, PE, C0B 1M0.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Troubleshooting and light maintenance of the farm equipment
· Operating farm equipment for planting, harvesting, irrigation, mowing and/or tilling
The ideal candidate will have or be able to obtain their Canadian class 3 driver’s license and have experience of 7 months to less than a year in operating farming equipment. Secondary school diploma or general education degree is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Experience in the potato business
· Experience driving farm equipment: Combine harvester, Farm truck, Manure spreader, Planting equipment, Tillage equipment, Tractor, Vegetable harvester
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to prioritize operations considering multiple priorities and conflicting demands
· Team player with an ability to participate in cross-functional teams
Desired Machinery Experience:
· John Deere
o 4440 Diesel
o 8300 4WD
o 2100 Subsoiler
· Massey 3680
· New Holland 8360
· Spudnik 9060, 6 row
· Grimme GL 36 T planter, 6 row
· Windrowers (6 row)
· Supnik Harvester
An exemplary health and dental benefits package
A competitive pay scale
Training Support for Pesticides, Class 3 Licence, and Blue Seal Program
Room and board is provided by those who qualify
If you are interested in this exciting growth opportunity, please submit your resume to [email protected]
1160 Route 20 Kensington, PE C0B 1M0