Company: Jean-Charles Landry o/a Landry Farm
Business Information: Certified Organic Dairy Farm – Produces organic milk, organic crops and we are in compliance with Eco Cert, the certification body for Organic Producers.
Business Location: 2060 Forgues Rd., Crysler, ON K0A 1R0
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Permanent– Full-time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Monitoring animal health
• Maintain quality control and production records
• Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures
• Hire and train workers
• Co-ordinate, assign, and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Supervise, oversee, and perform heat detection, artificial insemination, breeding and other livestock-related duties
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, prepare machinery for planting
• Perform general farm duties such as milking cows, feeding calves, cleaning stalls and water bowls, dehorning and bringing in cows, keeping parlour, milk room and calf pens clean; also supporting in the planting, cultivating, harvesting, cutting, and raking hay, corn sileage and corn
• Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
• Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in the field is required. If the candidate does not have a minimum of 2 years of experience, then a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture of livestock husbandry is required.
Ability to supervise: 3 people
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, large workload, repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, handling heavy loads.
-Personal suitability: flexibility, team player, organized, excellent oral communication.
-Work site environment: outdoors, wet/damp, odours.
-Work location information: rural area, remote location
Salary: $18.00 to 20.00 hourly, 40 – 45 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, accommodation provided free of charge, transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: Work schedule will be from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and from 5:30 PM to 8:30 or 9:30 PM, 6 days a week. The job requires flexibility on schedule. Depending on the time of the year, 2-3 days per week there will be daytime work for general farm work for a few hours. 40 hours per week are guaranteed during winter months.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]