Grootendorst’s Flowerland Nursery Ltd.
Business Address: 6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00/hour for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-time, Flexible hours, Overtime, Weekends
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Agricultural and Related Service Contractors and Managers (8252)
NOC Job Title: Farm Supervisor
6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9
15120 Westminster Hwy. Richmond B.C. V6V 1A5
Grootendorst’s Flowerland Nursery is a Family owned and operated business located in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. We supply to stores in BC Alberta and Saskatchewan, Stores and landscapers in Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Maple Ridge, Langley and other areas of the Lower Mainland. Our supervisors are a part of every stage of plant production in propagating new plants from cuttings to shipping plants to customers.
- Plan and Supervise farm workers and labourers’ activities like planting, cultivating, harvesting, and storing of crops
- Coordinate with farm owner on work plans and programs and makes recommendations for improvements, land preparation, fertilizing, planting crops, and cultivation
- Determine soil use and rotation of crops.
- Requisition equipment and materials.
- Approve work schedules for farm workers and labourers.
- Make reports on time, equipment, materials, and production; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
- Maintain safety and quality control standards.
- Maintain records including but not limited to plant inventory, propagation, schedules, safety compliance, and pesticide/fertilizer.
- Ensure farm safety procedures are followed.
- Attract, develop and motivate employees while effectively delegating and measuring performance
- Detecting disease and other problems in crops.
- Updating regularly to owners and managers of crop progress.
- Train new hires and existing team on farm’s standard procedures and protocols
- Perform same duties as workers supervised, if needed
Education: Completion of secondary school is required. Any college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture will be an asset to have, but not mandatory.
Experience: At least 1-2 years of farming experience is required
Language: Goo c d communication skills in English are required
Working & Physical Capabilities
- Ability to supervise other workers
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work long hours for with repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environments cold, damp & dust.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads required.
Other Information: The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
As per BC Employment standards.
We highly encourage Canadian Citizen and Permanent Residents who are part-timers, students, youth, seniors, aboriginals to apply as we can accommodate flexible schedule.
How to Apply
Email: [email protected] ‘All resumes as attachments will be rejected’. Please apply directly via job posting.
Mail: Attn Rick 6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9