Shambhala Music Festival’s Farm Decor Team is looking for some new volunteers to join our team! Positions run various schedules between June 27 – July 18 on the festival site near Salmo, BC. Come out and contribute to the execution of both existing & new art projects on the festival site!
We are looking for people with experience in any of the following areas:
•Professional house painters
•Tech-minded individuals with experience in LED lighting etc.
•Creators who are experienced in projection mapping for a potential new project
• Perform required duties and complete projects under the direction of the Farm Dec Supervisor
• Maintain good communications with the Farm Dec Supervisor to ensure timely response to any structural issues
• Establish safety perimeters whenever structural repairs are required to ensure the safety of other staff and guests
• Manage any resources required to accomplish specific projects including signing in and out necessary equipment
• Attend toolbox meeting and sign off that you understand safety procedures
• Perform requested tasks, including preventative inspection of potential problem areas
• Complete daily log
• Ensure hours worked are documented, signing in and out with your Supervisor
• Attend daily tailgate meeting with your supervisor at the beginning of your shift
• An up-to-date portfolio of your work will be required to apply
• Experience in construction/project management/art installation or similar related fields an asset
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of creating art installations and an ability to manage interpersonal relationships with trades people and artists
• Experience in the events industry (can be inclusive of the construction/project management experience) an asset
• Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
• A committed individual and self-motivating
• Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions, able to move between different types of projects as required
• Comfortable working outdoors in potentially unfavorable weather while maintaining a positive demeanor
• Patient performing repetitive tasks
To apply, send resumes & a portfolio of your work to [email protected]
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.