Shambhala Music Festival is looking for Volunteers to work at our Ticket Gate for the 2022 festival!
Positions work various schedules between July 18-24 on the festival site near Salmo, BC.
Be the first to welcome our guests as one of the first physical points of contact with the festival! Ticket Gate Volunteers process all ticket holders for the purpose of filtering all legitimate entrants through the Gate and denying any invalid ones. Many of these positions finish their shifts by Saturday/Sunday of the festival.
• Scan all tickets to cross reference with the information in the Mother Ship software
• Collect Early Entry or Re-Entry fees when applicable
• Apply wristbands to guests and use provided handheld devices to associate wristbands to tickets
• Check ID of all guests to ensure they are of age (19+)
• Maintain steady deposits of cash to Finance team for reconciliation
• Check the Whiteboard at the beginning and throughout shift for updates/ changes
• Assist in keeping your lane stacked with vehicles to be processed
• Sign in & out with assistant supervisor at the beginning and end of every shift
• Execute and display the Shambhala spirit of love, magic, and acceptance at each point of contact in a warm and friendly way
• Comfortable working with cash and handheld devices
• Festival experience an asset
• Comfortable and effective troubleshooting and problem solving
• Courteous, competent and persuasive with a proven ability to handle stressful situations
• Comfortable and adept at handling cash and items of monetary value. Ability to quickly identify errors or exceptions which would affect shift reconciliation totals, informing supervisors as issues arise
• Good personality. Extrovert that needs to be of a welcoming nature
• Efficient and accurate. Abled to maintain friendly conversation while processing guests as accurately as possible
• Challenger. Friendly competitor motivated by speed and accuracy
• Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
• Comfortable working early mornings/overnight and outside in potentially unfavourable weather conditions while maintaining a positive demeanor
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Patient in performing repetitive tasks
• Ability to provide friendly interaction with guests over short periods of time
• Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism at all times when conducting operations and interacting with patrons
• Maintain awareness of environment, sense of responsibility for fellow crew members as well as company image
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse work space without personal judgments or bias
To apply, fill out a volunteer application (link below) with the following promo code: TICKETGATE2022!
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.