Position Title: FIELD SUPPORT
Created: February 2015
Approved: May 2021
Supervision: Employed by the OFIFC, responsible to the policies and directions as determined by the Board of Directors and under the direct supervision of the Executive Director or designate. Daily supervision is designated to the Program Manager.
To ensure optimal performance of OFIFC programs through Friendship Centre support, program planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Culture – Takes personal responsibility to increase sensitivity, awareness and implementation of OFIFC’s Neha (bundle) including foundational teachings and organizational practices in both professional conduct and work-related deliverables.
- Accountability – Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments.
- Critical Thinking – Applies systematic, logical reasoning when addressing problems or situations in order to arrive at an appropriate solution or outcome.
- Building Relationships and Strategic Partnerships – Builds, develops and sustains business relationships / strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial, reciprocal and grounded in trust and respect. It is recognizing we are all interdependent and working towards the common good of the organization.
- Results Orientation – Accomplishes established goals, delivers the outcomes required and achieves the results. It includes the efficient and effective use of all resources (time, financial, people and technology).
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Works collaboratively with others and addresses conflict in a win-win productive manner. This includes a mindset of sharing with others whether it is knowledge, recognition, information and skills. Working towards a common purpose for the good of OFIFC and the communities of people it serves.
- Communication – Effectively delivers information in a transparent, honest, and clear manner. It includes actively listening, comprehending and responding appropriately when interacting with people. It is about being respectful when expressing opinions and points of view.
- Understanding of Indigenous Culture;
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Knowledge of database systems
- Proven ability in program design and development with strong knowledge in Indigenous culture based programming
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Post-secondary education in Social Science, Community Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related discipline combined with 3 – 5 years’ experience in program or project management;
- Minimum 1 year experience in data analysis; and
- Experience working within an Indigenous community
Works in a safe and suitable office environment faced with simultaneous and tight deadlines.
Works a flexible 40 hour work week. Travel to Friendship Centres on average four days per month for the purposes of orientation, support, and integrated field visits. The job may require regular long distance and/or frequent local travel. Travel may be urgent and/or on short notice.
To provide program, community development, and capacity supports to Friendship Centres in alignment with the OFIFC’s long-range strategic plan.
Primarily communicates with the Program Director, Program Manager, Database Administrator, Researchers, Policyfor the purposes of exchanging and sharing of information, integrating and collaborating.
Communicates primarily with Friendship Centres/Delivery Sites, government, and partner organizations. The position also requires maintaining relationships with Traditional Resource People and Advisors to support program design, development, and delivery.
Friendship Centre Support (45%):
- Plans, designs, and delivers activities that support effective program delivery and management in Friendship Centres;
- Delivers program orientation and ongoing support to Friendship Centre staff, ensuring that programs and activities are carried out in accordance with the goals, objectives, and standards of the program;
- Delivers orientation and user training on the OFIFC’s database system to Friendship Centre program staff and other user groups as required;
- Provides program information, advice, and expertise to Friendship Centres; and
- Supports Friendship Centre in the development of local and/or regional level partnerships.
Program Design and Development (25%)
- Engages Friendship Centres and other stakeholders to identify program needs, service gaps, resource requirements, training needs and design approaches;
- Designs and develops provincial programming in a manner that reflects the needs and priorities of urban Indigenous communities as identified by member Friendship Centres;
- Prepares and maintains program descriptions, resource materials, and reporting tools;
- Prepares program funding proposals, business cases and operational plans; and
- Participates in meetings with government and other external stakeholders to provide information on OFIFC programs and initiatives, advocate on behalf of Friendship Centres and provide advice from a program perspective.
Program Analysis and Evaluation (25%):
- Analyzes Friendship Centre program data and produces written analysis
- Measures, analyzes, and evaluates the effectiveness of OFIFC programs to demonstrate outcomes and impacts;
- Monitors and reviews program activity and financial reporting to ensure data quality assurance, effective budget management and reporting compliance; and
- Prepares written reports, briefing materials, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborates with Research and Policy in relation to Programs;
- Promotes a healthy, safe work environment; and
- Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned by the Executive Director or designate.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the above description related to my position at the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres (OFIFC).