Posting Date: Friday, September 10, 2021
Posting ID: 052
Atlohsa Family Healing Services is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to fill the role of Finance Clerk. The Finance Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Finance Clerk must comply with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Role and Responsibility
The primary role of the Finance Clerk is to perform an array of bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and financial reporting functions. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, maintaining, and filing of all appropriate documents
- Preparing monthly submissions for accounting and monthly remittances
- Preparing general ledger and journal entries
- Assisting with accounts receivable and payable
- Preparing financial statements and bank reconciliations
- Invoicing clients and answer inquiries
- Storing, updating, and retrieving financial data
- Processing invoices and vouchers for payment, enter invoices, and check all invoices for accuracy
- Verifying account codes and signatures for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures
- Acting as first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems
- Assisting with bi-weekly payroll processing, reporting, and quality assurance functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the languages, traditional ways, history and cultures of the Indigenous population in the London region
- Current knowledge of Indigenous community services and resources
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Proficiency with SAGE 300 or SAGE Intacct accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications is a valuable asset
- 2-3 years in Finance industry
- Experience with budgets, accounting and reporting systems
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Understanding of the Employment Standards Act rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing workload demands in fast paced environment
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-Time, Contract until March 31, 2022
START DATE: As soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
REMUNERATION: $22.00/hour starting wage, and comprehensive benefits package.
Individuals of Indigenous Ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Atlohsa supports diversity in all its various manifestations, however, preferences will be given to qualified, Indigenous applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or referral to:
Atlohsa Family Healing Services Inc.
2212 Elm Ave
Southwold, ON N0L 2G0
Tel No. 519-438-0068 | Fax No.: 519-438-0070 | Email: [email protected]