Finance Support Clerk
Location: Anishinabek Nation Head Office, Nipissing First Nation
One Year Term Position with Benefits
(after successfully completing 3 months of employment)
Salary – $35,758 to 40,526
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Clerk performs general administrative and clerical duties by maintaining appropriate records, information and providing clerical and office support to the finance department in the day-to-day operations. The candidate must also be a team player and self-motivated, with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Office Administration certificate or College Diploma in Business, and;
- Two (2) years in a finance/administration office environment, or;
- A combination of related education, experience, and skills may be considered;
- One (1) year of previous work experience with filing systems;
- Proficiency in typing, word processing and general computer skills,
- Certification/Training in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe PDF) considered an asset;
- Ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin or willingness to learn is an asset; and
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and be insurable.
- Excellent organization, time management, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail;
- Ability to flexible, multitask and prioritize tasks;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with office equipment (e.g. photocopiers/printers, fax and postage machines);
- Strong adherence to policies and procedures;
- Ability and discretion in working with confidential information: and
- Work as part of a team and independently.
- Maintaining records and reports through existing filling systems within the Finance Department;
- Performing general office duties including: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and arranging courier;
- Preparing files for scanning, upon completion of scanning returns material to the file according to document and file maintenance record keeping;
- Processing high volumes of data and file management;
- Shredding approved confidential documentation;
- Assisting with follow-up with Vendors and/or Customers regarding invoices, packing slips, etc;
- Locating filed materials upon request, ensuring that materials are given only to authorized parties;
- Typing office correspondence, including letters, as required;
- Maintaining inventory of office equipment, supplies, and orders as per purchasing practices;
- Assisting with year-end activities related to audit preparation;
- Maintaining copies of invoices available for GST claims;
- Communicating all matter of importance to appropriate members of the organization in a timely manner;
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization’s current administrative and accounting policies and procedures;
- Responding to inquiries by providing, or directing to the appropriate staff;
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information; and
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover Letter;
- Three Employment References;
- Identify whether the applicant has been previously employed by the Anishinabek Nation (formerly Union of Ontario Indians). Note that the organization will conduct a reference check with the previous employee’s immediate supervisor;
- Identify whether the applicant is a member of one of the 39 Anishinabek First Nations. Preference will be given to applicants who are a member of one of the 39 Anishinabek First Nations; and
- The Anishinabek Nation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Glenda St. Amour, Director of Corporate Services
Fax: (705) 497-9135 OR| Email: email@example.com
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact:
Brenda Ense, Finance Manager
Miigwetch to all applicants for their interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.