H Clair Finishing Carpentry Ltd.
9176 146 Street Surrey BC V3R 3S8
Salary: $28.85 to $31.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Finish Carpenter
Various location across lower mainland with base at 9176 146 Street Surrey BC V3R 3S8
H Clair Finishing Carpentry Ltd. is a busy finishing and wood working contracting company operating within lower mainland. We are eagerly looking for 2 Finishing Carpenters to have in our team. As Finishing Carpenter, the candidate must perform the following job duties.
- Prepare wood structures for finishing by shaping and trimming with hand or power tools.
- Precisely perform finish and trim carpentry work according to plans and specifications.
- Read and interpret specifications, layouts or designs
- Use measuring tools, measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood and wood substitutes. Take measurements to develop suitable layout for a fixture.
- Construct, Repair and Install furniture, cupboards, shelving, counters, doors, mouldings, railings and other wood structures etc.
- Install and finish window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Join materials using nails, screws, staples and adhesives
- Maintain, repair and renovate residential structures according to client needs
- Level and shim door frames during a door hanging process
- Inspect and replace damaged framework, structures or fixtures using saw, drills and sanders
- Trimming of moldings to match irregular surfaces
- May prepare budgets and estimate cost for clients
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 3 years of experience in the trade Or Completion of 3-4 years of apprenticeship program.
- Trade certification will be an asset, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in basic English is a requirement.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Other Skills: Willing and able to perform physically demanding work including the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period. Transportation to and from the job location is provided at free of cost in company vehicle.
How to apply
If eligible, please apply as soon as possible via:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 9176 146 Street Surrey BC V3R 3S8