- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Fish Cutter – Fish Processing (Filleters)
Company: Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd.
Business information: Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd. is a diversified holding company operating primarily in the United States and Canada. We are looking for workers for our largest fresh, frozen and value-added seafood processing division in British Columbia. Our division specializes in high quality, custom seafood processing, value added and cold storage services. At Jim Pattison, we employ a diverse and family-oriented workforce. We offer year round employment, competitive wages, and group benefits. Our Filleting Department is seeking individuals to join the team. Fish filleters or cutters fillet various species of fish for production and retails sales, ensuring maximum use of the product. They are responsible for breaking down whole fish (Round, H&G etc.) to the appropriate fillet specifications and for meeting the set yield goals.
Business address: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, British Columbia, V4K 4E2
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Cut, clean and trim fish prior to marketing or further processing.
· Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife.
· Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing.
· Fillet fish according to fillet specifications to meet set yield goals.
· Work with a variety of hand tools (knives, saws and hand vacuums).
· Sort, grade fish and check for any defects or abnormalities.
· Maintain a clean and hygienic work area, including cutting knives and other equipment.
Salary: Hourly rate of $18.60 per hour or greater depending on individual’s knife skills and associated production piece rates. 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, Group RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan), extended medical insurance, uniforms and equipment are provided.
-Education: No formal education required
-Experience: Previous filleting, seafood, meat, poultry, vegetable product handling experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
-This position is physically demanding and involves repetitive tasks. Must be able to stand for eight hours in cooler temperatures and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
– Must be detailed oriented and have good hand-eye coordination.
– Must take direction and abide by safety rules.
Important information: Work schedule is from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required and depends on operational needs. This position involves working in a cold, damp and noisy environment.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, BC, V4K 4E2
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: