Company: Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd. o/a Delta Pacific Seafoods
Business information: Delta Pacific Seafoods is the largest fresh, frozen and value-added seafood processor in British Columbia, specializing in high quality, custom seafood processing, value added and cold storage services. At Delta Pacific, we employ a diverse and family oriented workforce. We offer year round employment, competitive wages, group benefits including extended, dental and group RRSP. We also provide on-the-job training, uniforms and equipment.
Business address: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, British Columbia, V4K 4E2
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
· Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
· Identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
· Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
· Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
· Prepare production and other reports
· Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
Wage: Hourly rate of $23.65 – $25.00 per hour 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, Group RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan), extended medical insurance, uniforms and equipment are provided.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: At least 2 years of experience in the food, beverage or associated products processing industry are required.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail, Work under pressure
-Personal Suitability: Values and ethics, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Organized, Judgement, Team player, Reliability, Flexibility
– Work Site Environment: Odours, Cold/refrigerated
-Language: English is required
-Ability to supervise staff in various areas of responsibility
Important information: Work schedule is 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required and depends on operational needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, BC, V4K 4E2