Company: Jay Patry Enterprises LLC.
Business information: Real estate development, construction, rental and property management
Business Address: 692 McKay St., Kingston, ON K7M7G2
Work Location: Various locations throughout Kingston, Ottawa and London. Different construction / building sites.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
-Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
-Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
-Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
-Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
-Prepare and install hardwood floors
-Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
-Conduct moisture, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
-Prepare floors for installations
-Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
-Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
-Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting
-Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
-Perform double-bond carpet installations
-Install outdoor carpets,
-Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired)
-Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms
-Install vinyl decking materials
-Prepare flooring plans and scheduling
-Prepare tenders and quotations
-Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
-Estimate costs and materials
– Education: Completion of high school
– Experience: Between 2 to 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have 2 to 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate OR completion of a two-to three-year apprenticeship program is required.
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Work Site Environment: Dusty
– Personal suitability: Organized, Team player
– Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $21.25 to $23.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Also, transportation from one work location to another will be provided.
-This position will require working Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM with 60 minutes of unpaid lunch and two 15-minute unpaid breaks
-The worker will rotate in different construction/building sites throughout London, Ottawa and Kingston.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 692 McKay St., Kingston, ON K7M 7G2