Company: Tollden Farms Inc.
Business information: Tollden Farms Inc. manufactures and sells raw pet food. We purchase raw meat and vegetables from suppliers, grind and mix it, freeze it into tubes, and slice into patties. Product is then packaged into bags, and sold throughout Ontario and Quebec. We are currently in the process of taking our product nationally.
Business Address: 77 Settlers Way, Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
Work Location: 7775 Merlyn Wilson Road, Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Identify, evaluate, control, and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- Requisition on order materials, equipment and supplies
- Drive vehicle to load/unload trucks for packaging and orders.
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in the food, beverage or associated products processing industry are required.
-Driver’s licence is required.
-Computer knowledge is required. Must be comfortable running an accounting system (QuickBooks) Inventory control, Excel, Word.
-Working knowledge of basic machinery is an asset.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail, Work under pressure, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required.
-Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Organized, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Judgement.
-Work Site Environment: Cold/refrigerated
-Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
-Ability to supervise: 10 – 12 people
-Weight handling: up to 23kg (50 lbs)
-Workers Supervised: Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing.
Salary: $26.00 – $28.00 hourly, 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Savings plan.
Important Information: The schedule will be from Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 4 PM (including 30 minutes of unpaid lunchtime and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each, which are paid). Flexibility on schedule is required. Overtime and Weekend work will also be required depending on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 77 Settlers Way, Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0