Title: Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Associate Technician (12 month term )
Job Requisition ID: 285848
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3J 4X7
Category: FOOD SAFETY QUALITY & REGULATORY
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Technician will be accountable for food safety and quality inspection process within a specified range. In this role, you will conduct tests and inspections following internal and external procedures in environment health and safety and food safety.
- Conduct routine inspections following the compliance program.
- Complete several tasks on the production floor, such as gas check, quality audits check, leaker check.
- Identify and analyze deviations to avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses, report the serious one to higher level staff for guidance.
- Follow company environment and health and safety policies and procedures, identify instances of risky behaviors in the workplace and take appropriate action and escalate serious issues as appropriate.
- Attend audits, prepare required documents and ensure all documentation is completed, current and verified to support production management decisions.
- Handle basic clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent.
- Able to work on primary day shift from 5:30am to 2pm, and covering afternoon shift as needed.
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Able to work in a cold environment with meat products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Sciences background experience.
- Meat cut experience or previous work experience in a meat production facility.
- Experienced in manufacturing as Line Inspectors or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation and manufacturing practices in the assessment of plant hygiene program.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.