- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Food Security Coordinator
Food Security Coordinator
|Date||June 17, 2022|
|Deadline||June 30, 2022|
|Company||Tungasuvvingat Inuit (TI)|
Food Security Coordinator
Full Time, Term position until March 31st, 2024
It is the mission of Tungasuvvingat Inuit (TI) to broadly provide Inuit-specific programs that contribute to the health and wellbeing of Inuit and to encourage and support similar programs for Inuit across the country. With over 30 years of highly successful experience in crafting the design, development, and delivery of a wide range of effective, client-centered services, TI continues to deliver quality programs and services that directly benefit our growing urban Inuit population.
The Food Security Coordinator supports the weekly coordination, distribution, data collection and reporting for the Food Security program at Tungasuvvingat Inuit. The incumbent will operate out of TI’s Vanier location and support Inuit living in the Ottawa area.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Order food from our partner, The Ottawa Food Bank, for weekly delivery;
- Purchase weekly food for the program;
- Support with the ordering, inventory, preparation, and stocking of country food;
- Coordinate the weekly delivery and receive the fresh food from Rutabaga Ranch in Summer/Fall months;
- Unload the weekly donation from Ottawa Food Bank truck, and stock distribution center with the donated food;
- Prepare sign in forms for weekly food bank and collect and track data for reporting purposes;
- Input service data into Link2Feed database weekly;
- Support with fundraising and promotion of the needs of the Food Security Program; and
- Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risks for clients, employees, and the organization.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with issues facing Inuit families; the socio-economic landscape as it pertains to Inuit; Inuit culture, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, and traditional practices; and a commitment to a client-centered approach when working with Inuit.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, organizational and time management skills, and computer literacy skills are necessary.
The ability to function effectively in a busy environment and in stressful situations; work independently with a strong sense of focus; and develop and deliver programming is required.
A post-secondary degree/diploma in human services, social work, or similar education and two years’ experience working in a social services environment is preferred. Experience working with data collection and reporting and working in the food security field is also preferred. A driver’s licence and an acceptable driver’s abstract is required. The ability to speak Inuktitut is an asset.
An acceptable combination of related education, work and life experience may be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- TI offers a competitive total compensation package. Employees are provided an exceptional benefits plan which includes major medical and dental coverage for the employee and their dependents, and employee life insurance. TI also offers a Group RRSP benefit plan for eligible staff.
- TI provides paid sick, personal and family sickness leave days, and a 24/7 confidential Employee and Family Assistance Plan.
- Vacation (earn 3 weeks/year).
Deadline for applications is June 30th, 2022.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Preference in hiring will be given to qualified Inuit candidates, applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.tiontario.ca to learn more about our programs and services.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector check with results acceptable to TI. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
We thank all interested applicants in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: