Company: 1853149 Ontario Inc. O/A Boathouse Eatery
Business Information: Our casual fine dining restaurant is home to great food, cold drinks and a majestic view overlooking the stunning shores of Georgian Bay. At the Boathouse, we want to become your favorite four season’s place, the place you come to celebrate your special occasions or great spot to grab a quick lunch or enjoy a nice dinner overlooking Georgian Bay.
Business location: 177 King Street, Midland, ON, L4R 3L8
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Prepare and submit reports
- Prepare food order summaries for chef
- Must have knowledge of the establishment’s culinary genres
- Monitor shifts and staff performance
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Provide customer service
– Education: Completion of secondary school
– Experience: At least 2 years of experience in food preparation or service is required. If the candidate does not have 2 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or a related discipline is required.
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required.
– Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Accurate, Judgment, Team player, Initiative, Flexibility, Organized, Excellent written and oral communication.
– Ability to supervise: More than 20 people, Working groups, Staff in various areas of responsibility
– Language: English is required
Salary: $17.00 Hourly, 40-60 Hours per week
Benefits: Free food when working (and 50% discount when not working), Tip-out. Accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Flexibility in schedule is required; including evening, night or weekend work based on the business’ needs. The candidate will work from 8 to 12 hours a day between 9am and 12am in a 5-6 day work-week.
Work setting: Restaurant
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 177 King St. Box 61 Midland, ON, L4R 3L8