- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Food Service Worker – Merritt, B.C.
Food Service Worker – Merritt, B.C.
|Date||April 19, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title : FOOD SERVICE WORKER – MERRITT, B.C.
Community : MERRITT
Facility : COQUIHALLA GILLIS HOUSE
Status : CASUAL
Interior Health is hiring casual Food Service Workers the Coquihalla Gillis House in Merritt, BC. If you hold a valid B.C. Drivers’ License, a valid Food Safe certificate and have an open and flexible schedule to work days and evenings that include weekend shifts, then we want to hear from you!
Shifts of work are rotating days and evenings, so the successful candidate must be flexible and available to work all shift types, including weekends: 06:30 to 10:30, 07:00 to 11:30, 11:00 to 19:00, 14:30 to 19:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items – tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The growing city of Merritt is the service centre for the ranch country of the Nicola Valley and provides an excellent base for exploring the many outdoor recreational opportunities in all seasons. It is particularly scenic in the early fall, when rolling fields and forest foliage take on a golden glow. The surrounding Merritt Forest District supports stands of Engelmann spruce, Lodge Pole pine and Sub Alpine fir at higher elevations.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: