Techmates Construction Ltd
13043 103 AVENUE SURREY BC V3T 1R4
Salary: $29.00 – $31.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: CARPENTERS (NOC 7271)
NOC Job Title: Framing Carpenter
Various locations in lower mainland B.C. based at 13043 103 AVENUE SURREY BC V3T 1R4
Techmates Construction is a is a framing carpentry company run by an engineer with help of young team mates. We have employment opportunity for 02 Framing Carpenters.
• Construct, erect, install, maintain, frame and repair structures and components of structures made of wood
• Erect walls, floors, and roofs for commercial and residential buildings and other structures
• Precisely measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and the framing lumber needed
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Interpreting drawings from architects and foremen, and applying that information to the creation of a structure that meets all necessary building codes
• Build stairs, doors, windows and other structures of wood in buildings
• Fit and install trim items, such as stairs, moulding and hardware
• Maintain, repair and renovate homes and other commercial establishments
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
• Prepare cost estimates for clients
• Operate power or manual tools
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 3-4 years of experience in the trade or Completion of a 3-4 apprenticeship program is required.
• Trade certification for carpenters will be an asset, but not necessary.
• Basic communication skills in English are required.
• Willing and able to perform physically demanding work including the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
At heights, Noisy, Dusty
Major Work Area
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment standards act 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation time or option to choose 10 days of paid vacation with no vacation pay with gross salary. Transportation to and from the job location is provided at free of cost in company vehicle.
How to apply
We strongly encourage part-timers, students, youth, newcomers, and workers with flexible schedule to apply. We will try to match your schedule.
Interested workers may send resume to us thorough email: [email protected] or mail: 13043 103 AVENUE SURREY BC V3T 1R4