Job Title: General Assembler
Department/Group: Window – Production
Reporting: Production Supervisor
Grow with us as a General Assembler within our Production Department at Stage Windows & Doors!
Stage Windows & Doors is a manufacturer of custom products tailored to meet client needs. With a facility located in Vaughan, we offer a variety of options and features that are designed to make our windows and doors ideal for the residential replacement and custom home markets. Our focus is on providing our customers value through on time delivery, quality and superior service.
We strive to build a work environment where safety, respect, commitment, success and fun are driving principles.
The General Assembler will play a vital role by providing parts assembly support by performing hands-on duties to ensure workflow and daily production goals.
The qualified candidate will work under the direction of department leadership to assemble components onto PVC using hand tools and manual dexterity adhering to assembly protocols, company rules, quality standards, and health and safety laws.
This is a full-time position which requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks and stand for extended periods of time. The successful candidate will be disciplined, punctual, reliable, and a strong team player.
- Perform general assembly of parts and components to form final products
- Ensure high quality work completed with each step in accordance with company quality standards
- Inspect manufactured items for defects and conformance to specifications
- Utilize hand tools to assemble final products ensuring safe and proper usage
- Clean final products of any debris
- Load products onto skids according to customer orders
- Adhere to health and safety standards
- Contribute to general housekeeping duties to ensure cleanliness of department
- Other tasks as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of metric and imperial measurements
- Ability to perform physical demanding and repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow direction
- Attention to detail and hand-eye coordination
- Strong team player
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment, windows and doors experience is considered an asset
We thank all interested candidates for applying. Successful candidates will be contacted to participate in the interview process.
Aboriginal people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Stage Windows & Doors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.