Company: Barkdale Farms Inc.
Business information: We are a farm dedicated to grow corn, sunflowers, wheat, canola and soybeans.
Business Address: Road 40 N Driveway #36125, Blumenort, MB, R56 1M9
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
· Fertilize and spray crops
· Harvest crops
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
· Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
· Write daily basic progress reports
· Set and monitor water lines
· Hoeing crops
· Drive a truck from one location to another, through the field
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided
– Must be able to work in a dirty and very dusty environment.
– Driver’s license is required
Personal Suitability: Organized, team player, flexibility
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, hand-eye co-ordination, sitting, combination of sitting, standing for extended hours, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling
Work site environment: Outdoors, confined spaces, noisy, odors, dusty, hot
Type of farm operations: Other grain farming
Salary: $16.50 – $17.50 per hour, 40-44 hours per week
Benefits: Accommodation provided at a discounted rate and travel expenses covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: Flexibility is required. Work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasionally on weekends. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail: Box 1284 Steinbach MB R56 1M9