Job Title: Glass Cutter/Glazier
Department/Group: Glass – Production
Reporting: Glass Supervisor
Grow with us as a Glass Cutter at Stage Windows & Doors!
Stage Windows & Doors is a manufacturer of custom products tailored to meet client needs. With a facility located in Vaughan, we offer a variety of options and features that are designed to make our windows and doors ideal for the residential replacement and custom home markets. Our focus is on providing our customers value through on time delivery, quality and superior service.
We strive to build a work environment where safety, respect, commitment, success and fun are driving principles.
The Glass Cutter will play a vital role by contributing to the workflow of the Glass department ensuring safe, accurate, and timely processing of client orders.
Working within a small team, the right candidate will be passionate about delivering high quality work, with a “roll up your sleeves” kind of attitude.
This is a full-time position which requires strong detail-oriented, organization, and teamwork skills and someone who is well versed in glass line and production environments. The successful candidate will be disciplined, punctual, and a strong team player dedicated to generating to an engaged and safe work environment.
- Review customer orders and pick glass accordingly
- Load glass onto cutting tables and/or machines
- Interpret drawings and cut patterns from blueprints and templates
- Cut glass to particular size and shape using hand tools and machines according to operational specifications and health and safety standards
- Assist colleagues with loading and unloading of glass
- Dispose of scrap pieces according to company protocols and health and safety standards
- Actively contribute to meeting production goals
- Assist other departments as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned
- Machine operating experience
- Ability to manually cut glass is considered an asset
- Concisely read, understand, and interpret metric and imperial system, drawings and blueprints
- Time management and project prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Education & Experience:
- Relevant Trades certification
- 5+ years machine operating experience within windows manufacturing industry, preferably glass lines
- Previous experience cutting glass by hand and cutting machines
We thank all interested candidates for applying. Successful candidates will be contacted to participate in the interview process.
Aboriginal people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Stage Windows & Doors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.