Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurudwara Association
8115 132 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 4N5
Salary: $26.50/Hourly for 40 hours a week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time position
Language: Basic English
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
8115 132 Street Surrey, British Columbia V3W 4N5 Canada
Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara is located on 132nd Street and 81 Avenue is Surrey, British Columbia. The Gurdwara Sahib has imposing building, two Diwan halls, spacious langar hall, classrooms to teach Punjabi classes, sprawling parking space and Nishan Sahib, that towers above Vancouver’s Mountain range, glorifying historic moments of the Sikh community.
Currently, we are looking for one Gursikh to take the responsibility of Granthi in Association.
- To recite Nitnem Banis from Shri Guru Granth Sahib at regular basis.
- To chant/Sing hymn Shabads in different ragas as published in Shri Guru Granth Sahib regularly.
- Conduct regular religious services.
- Administer rites of faiths such as marriages and funerals.
- Plan the schedule for the regular religious activities.
- Assist at services of worship and religious rites.
- Taking care of programs of providing food, clothing & shelter to the needy.
- Helps in providing religious education or training to members of religious community.
- Following and conducting various social welfare religious programs and related activities
Requirements to be a Granthi for Association
Some High School will be an asset but not mandatory.
Proficiency in “Gurmat Sangeet” is must.
Proficiency in reciting “Gurbani” is must.
At least 1-2 year of previous experience in the related field is must.
Knowledge of Punjabi Language is must.
Free meals on premises
On site accommodation is available
4% vacation pay of gross salary
How to Apply
Mail: ATTN Office 8115 132 Street Surrey, BC V3W4N5