GROUNDSKEEPER II :
Provides general groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening of Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Performs groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening duties:
- Performs a variety of tasks encompassing most elements of landscape maintenance, groundskeeping and gardening;
- Carries out planting, cultivation, mowing, edging, weeding, and applies lime to lawns;
- Prunes shrubs, trees and ground covers;
- Keeps walks, driveways and entrances clean, minor patch repair to asphalt, snow and ice removal and application of ice melt products as required;
- Operates and does minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, trimmers and sweepers such as sharpening blades and uses various equipment and tools as required in the performance of their role;
- Operates various Employer’s vehicles as qualified including trailers to load, unload and deliver supplies and equipment and/or Employer’s assets;
- Maintains outdoor storm drains and sewers;
- Constructs and repairs various landscape and fencing projects (e.g. retaining walls, patio boxes, etc.);
- Install and repair lawns and lawn maintenance equipment (e.g. sod, in ground sprinklers, etc.);
- Operate landscaping vehicles and maintenance equipment as qualified;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy in possible tenant interaction. Refers tenants to other staff where appropriate. In some occasions may be required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information