Career Opportunity: Guardianship Social Worker
Location: Burns Lake, BC
Employment Type: Full Time, 35 hrs/wk
Carrier Sekani Family Services (CSFS) – A Great Experience Awaits You: CSFS is an innovative and progressive leader in indigenous health and family services where culture is in everything we do. Since our beginnings 30 years ago, CSFS has grown to over 300 employees providing services to 11-member Nations. Enjoy unique experiences, close connections with communities, and a strong focus on professional development opportunities, as well as the natural wonders of the northern BC while you work.
The Opportunity: The Guardianship worker promotes and ensures the safety and well-being of children throughout their stay in care.
- Develops and completes the written care plan by ensuring the child/youth in care, caregiver, extended family and those in the child’s care planning circle have input into the plan.
- Informs the child’s caregiver of their responsibilities, monitors the placement; and provides assistance and guidance with addressing the child’s behaviours in collaboration with the resource worker.
- Provides support to children in care by assisting the child with admission into CSFS care, placement and permanency related issues; ensures the rights of the child are being met in accordance with legislation and policies; provides consent for child activities; ensures the child’s birthday and other significant events are celebrated, and oversees all payments.
Go to www.csfs.org/jobs to view the full job description for this career opportunity.
What You Will Bring to The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field (Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, and Theology)
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a family service or child and youth service environment and/or previous child welfare experience (resources, guardianship or child protection-preferably you will have you child welfare specialization)
- Must possess a C4 or greater delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA), or the ability to attend training to obtain C4 delegation.
Burns Lake, a small community with big aspirations and determination is the economic hub for the Lakes District. This bustling region is a dream location due to affordable housing and low cost of living. “We are proud of our business community, our thriving civic life, and our vibrant First Nations culture. It is our big-spirited, big-thinking people who make this community a healthy place to live”. Explore the Love Burns Lake website at lovenorthernbc.com/community/burns-lake/ to discover this 4-season playground and consider the great life you can have living here.
What CSFS Team Members Are Saying
- We live by our organization values of Responsibility, Caring and Compassion while caring and advocating for vulnerable people.
- Supported to pursue life long learning, professional development and recognition for your contribution
- Family like atmosphere without traditional corporate inflexibility
- Recognize the value of Carrier Sekani Knowledge holders and language speakers
Its All For You:
- Excellent total compensation package including competitive wages, benefits and pension plan
- Unique, generous and flexible time off options promoting work life family balance
- Education, and professional development opportunities
Hurry and Apply Now! Go to www.csfs.org/jobs to view the full job description for this career opportunity.
Deadline to apply: July 4th, 2022. Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
With the continuation of the global pandemic and because CSFS provides services to First Nations communities, classified as “Vulnerable Populations,” and to protect the health and safety of employees, candidates applying for employment will need to agree to provide their covid-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.