Analyze customers’ needs and design, document, test, and develop software as required, according to installation standards, procedures, and conventions, to deliver solutions which meet business requirements.
• Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
• Experience assisting with design, coding benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
• Experience working with multiple phases of software systems programming applications
• 5+ Years of core Java or Guidewire ClaimCenter Configuration experience with good exposure to SDLC, Java EE and Gosu
• Experience with full SDLC and appreciation for Iterative (Agile) development lifecycle as used in Guidewire implementations
• Hands on experience working in large teams, as part of self-organizing teams, proactively look for opportunities and contribute to the success of the project
• Experience in Guidewire Configuration Development (Expertise in GOSU, Rules Engine, Data Model, PCF, Wizards, Workflow, Activity etc.) is preferred
• Experience with XML, JUnit, Jenkins, GIT/Subversion/TFS, Code Coverage and Code Scan Plugin/Tools
• Excellent communication skills
• P&C Insurance Industry and Domain Knowledge preferred
• Experience working on Claims Systems preferred
• Participate in planning, estimation and design sessions with the team and collaborate with architects as required.
• Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Programming experience
• Working experience in Agile and DevOps tools: JIRA, Git, Bamboo (SVN and Jenkins are assets)
• Must have 3-5 years of applied java development experience
• Must have Web service experience / SOA
• Strong integration development experience
• Must have a strong experience with XML and JSON
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Code instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configure packaged applications.
• Document and implement programs according to installation standards, procedures, and conventions.
• Prepare and execute Unit Test plans and document results.
• Prepare and execute System and Integration Test plans and document results.
• Troubleshoot program code, related objects, and documentation in order to resolve application issues.
• Quality check program code, related objects, and documentation.
• Respond to Production Support issues.
• Work with business as required.
• Analyze programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommend appropriate changes as necessary.
• Conduct preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
• Analyze and make recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommend approaches for meeting such needs.
• Analyze and document the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modelling.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.