Company: Salon Fresh
Business information: We are a hair salon offering a variety of hairstyling services such as consultations, cutting, colouring, permanents, etc. Janet Crouch, owner of Salon Fresh, is an award-winning hair-stylist with over 23 years of experience, having worked in Europe and competed across Canada.
Business Address: 1618 Coy Ave, Saskatoon, SK, S7M 0H6
Work Location: Same as above and our clients’ homes within Saskatoon
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Suggest hairstyle compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
· Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
· Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair. Apply various highlight and colour techniques with experience using Chi ionic ammonia free hair colour, Redken Shades EQ and Scharzkopf Igora Blond (bleach)
· Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
· Shampoo and rinse customer’s hair using Paul Mitchel and AG retail products
· May perform receptionist duties
· Train and/or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helper
· Maintain and order supplies
· Pick up products and salon supplies
· Consult all clients to perform advanced colour/highlight techniques, cutting with shears, razor and clippers
· Drive to some clients’ homes to perform the job duties
-Education: Some secondary school education is required.
-Experience: Having trade certification for hairstylist or be willing to obtain one is required. Completion of a two or three-year hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of a college or other program in hairstyling combined with on-the-job training or several years of experience are required to become certified.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Manual dexterity, Combination of sitting, standing walking, Standing for extended periods.
-Personal suitability: Excellent oral communication, Reliability, Flexibility, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Dependability, Judgement, Ability to multitask
-Hair colouring techniques: Bleach, Dyes/tints, Frosting, Streaking/highlights
-Hair styling techniques: Blow drying, Hair braiding, Iron waving/curling
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour, 30-40 hours per week.
Benefits: We provide gratuities and commissions. Accommodation is available at a discounted rate.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The employee is required to work 6-8 hours per day. We operate 5 days per week, Tuesdays, Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Thursdays from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Fridays from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Weekend work is required. The schedule may be adjusted due to the government’s policies on Covid-19.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 1618 Coy Ave, Saskatoon, SK, S7M 0H6