Zazou Salon and Spa Ltd. o/a Zazou Salon & Academy was established in 1992 and has been recognized as one of the best health and beauty salon in Vancouver. It is located at 3033 Mountain Highway North Vancouver, BC V7J 2P2. We are currently hiring a Hairstylist (NOC 6341) to work full-time as soon as possible. The offered annual salary is $35,000, working 30-40 hours a week. The successful applicant must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Hairstylist and must be willing to work shifts, weekends and late evenings up to 9 PM. Benefits includes enrollment to extended health program and a corporate discount to Trevor Linden Club gym membership after 6 months of employment and 2 weeks of paid vacation. In addition, the successful candidate will be eligible to participate in ongoing education/travel incentives in house, out of house and/or abroad and a chance to compete in National Hair Competitions inside/outside Canada.
- Cut, trim and style hair according to guest physical feature and instructions/preferences or current hairstyles
- Create Hairstyle for guest by cutting, trimming, curling, perming and dyeing
- Shape, wax and trim beards and moustaches, using scissors/razor
- Perform facial and shoulder massage as requested by clients
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment on beauty care treatment for scalp and hair
- Apply solutions to hair for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Discuss service options, treatments for hair problems/needs of clients.
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to color, frost or streak
- Clean workstations
- Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments.
- Record services provided on cashiers’ tickets or receive payment from customers.
- Keep card files on clientele, recording notes of work done, products used, and fees charged after each visit.
- Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
- Maintain professional knowledge or certifications.
- Promote in store hair products, services, or programs.
- Must have at least 2 years as a Hairstylist
- Completion of Barbering/Hairstyling program
- Must have experience in different types of hair color services
- Must have experience in hair extensions
- Must have experience in Hair and Scalp Treatments
- Must have experience in straight razor hot shaves, precise cutting and shaping technique and tight fades
- Must have experience in facial and shoulder massage, beard trim, beard and hair line ups.
- Must be able to work at least one weekend shift per week
- Completion of High School
- Good verbal communication with strong English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We are looking for individuals who have excellent customer service, client oriented and a team player. Please drop off your resume in person or email your resume to us at [email protected] with subject “JOB POSTING”. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.