Company: Rossdown Farms Ltd.
Business information: We are a fourth generation family business, located in British Columbia. We produce the feed, breed and hatches the chicks, grows and process the poultry to deliver products that are fresh and distinctive for people who appreciate a genuine farm plate alternative.
Business address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1E2
Work Location: 4184 Ross Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1Z6
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Monitor birds’ health
- Feed and tend chickens
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and chicken coops
- Follow cleaning and disinfection protocol of building, hatchers, and incubators
- Detect disease and health problems in poultry
- Work in egg handling, hatcher preparation and hatches according to company standards and policies
- Box making, stacking, packing and other general duties
- Pack eggs on carts and pallets
- Keep records of daily productions
- Disposal of all egg mass to composter daily
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Maintain and operate Embrex machine while transferring eggs
- Walk floor barns looking for dead birds, floor eggs, nests, pads, etc.
- Follow all implemented biosecurity, safety and animal welfare practices and procedures
-Education: Not Required.
-Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided on-site
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
-Work site environment: Outdoors, Confined spaces, Wet/damp, Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
-Personal suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Team player, Reliability.
-Weight handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
– Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/farms; e.g. hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, chicken feathers, and chicken feces / acidic odors.
– Function under repetitive movement of certain parts of the palms, fingers, wrist, hand, lower arm, upper arm, shoulder and back movements, while bending the top half part of the body over for prolonged periods of time.
– Remain drug and alcohol free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position.
Salary: $14.60 to $16.40 hourly, 40 – 48 Hours per week.
Benefits: Extended Health benefits which include Dental and Health plus Discount on chicken. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Important Information: This position will require working 8 hours per day. The hours of work will depend on variable factors such as flock size and team members in attendance. Rural area, Remote location. This is also a 4-day work week, Wednesday’s are off.
Rural area, Remote location.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1E2