Company: J.M.S Warehousing Inc.
Business information: J.M.S Warehousing Inc. specializes in industrial services. We combine industry- leading technology and traditional attention to customer service, together for a complete third-party logistical solution to your supply chain problems. We are a licensed Canadian Facility Custom Bonded Facility. We offer a wide variety of warehousing and storage, fulfillment, picking and packing, industrial and transportation services.
Business Address: 128-704 Mara Street, Point Edward, ON, N7V 1X4
Work Location: 4480 Progress Dr, Petrolia N0N 1R0
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Prepare and submit reports
- Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Resolve work related problems
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train workers in duties and policies
- Arrange training for staff
- Conduct performance reviews and recommendation to upper management
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintain inventories of materials, parts and products, processing purchasing transactions, coordination of production work, dispatching crews and scheduling transportations crews on the routes
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization. Develop internal workflows, documents, test and train other
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution and storage of designated freight, product and supplies
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product
- Inventory management audits and reporting
- EDI Integration application
- Develop train and enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe workplace
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other materials
- Conduct periodic spot checks on inventory, supplies and equipment
- Drive the company vehicle inside the warehouses to perform the job duties
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least two years of experience as a warehouse worker is required.
– Valid driver’s license is required, as the worker may be required to drive inside the warehouses.
– Knowledge of a Warehouse Management System
– Understand scan receiving and shipping (we work on centralized shipping)
– The Warehouse supervisor must have completed First Aid training and the Health and Safety training (part 1 and 2)
-Business equipment and computer applications: WMS Warehouse management system
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Attention to detail, Sitting, Manual dexterity, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
-Personal Suitability: Team player, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Flexibility, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Accurate
Ability to supervise: Staff in various areas of responsibility (3- 4 people).
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs.). Handling different types of freight is required.
Work Setting: Warehouse
Salary: $24.52 to $26.52 hourly, 40- 46 hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms, personal protective equipment (high visibility vest, safety gallows, hard hat, eyes, and ears protection) and an allowance of CAD 175 for steel-toed safety boots are provided.
Flexibility in schedule is required. The most common schedule will be Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Overtime may be required. If shipments arrive on weekends, the worker will be required to assist. All call-in days pay 4 hours minimum. At least one day off per week.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 128-704 Mara Street, Point Edward, ON, N7V 1X4