- Are you a collaborative, committed and inspiring leader who excels at administration and people management?
- Do you have a creative flair for strategizing and planning Health and Wellness programming in Social Development programs?
- Do you dream of being an integral part of a growth organization?
- Are you an influencer and change agent?
If these four questions were a resounding yes, then we have an amazing opportunity for you!
About the Opportunity
As our Health and Wellness Director you will lead the organization towards the execution of its long-term vision. Your goal is to improve the Health and Wellness of the community by providing efficient and effective programs and services that meet the needs and wants of the community at large.
- Accountable for the inspired, efficient, effective, and productive operation of the Health and Wellness Department by providing leadership and management expertise.
- Oversee a large variety of programs/services and tasks Cheam’s Health and Wellness Programs and Services.
- Provide leadership and direction to culturally relevant and safe health and wellness programs and services.
- Promote community health, Indigenous concepts and traditions regarding wellness, and healthy ways of being.
- Lead consultative processes regarding community health planning needs and opportunities
- Organize and host relevant community health and wellness events and engagements.
- Ensure financial management of programs and services
- Proactively build and nurture collaborative and respectful working relationships with all First Nations in BC, health and wellness partners and service providers, and government agencies.
- Have oversight of Social Development and Education Programs ensuring that these departments are complementing programs and services that create the best service to the members and clients.
- This position oversees and manages a team of approximately five Health and Wellness, Social Development and Education staff.
About You / Our Ideal Candidate
The Must Haves:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a related discipline (Health Sciences, Nursing, Health Care Management, Human Services, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of significant, recent, relevant and senior-level experience in a Health/Medical setting with health and wellness program management, including the development of annual strategic plans, work plans, budgets, and managing financial and personnel functions.
- A proven track record of leadership excellence and sound decision making.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, time management and prioritization skills.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations and/or cross-cultural environment
- The ability to interpret and understand funding agreements.
- Experience with financial monitoring, reporting, tracking and documentation
- Ability to foster significant internal and external relationships, including establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships between BC First Nations, Health and Wellness organizations and government agencies, is an important asset.
The Nice to Haves:
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have knowledge of current First Nations health systems in BC, services, structures, legislation, regulations and processes, including on and off reserve jurisdiction is required.
- Leading and planning for Educational Programs
- Successful completion of the First Nations Health Directors’ Association certification