Title: Health Equipment Loan Technician
Location: Kentville, NS
Employment status: Permanent Full-Time
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Health Equipment Loan Technician to join our Kentville team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the safe delivery of health-related equipment, as well as the repair and cleaning of the equipment. This career opportunity will be of interest to those individuals who possess a mechanical aptitude and are interested in learning and building a career related to health equipment repair and recycling.
In this role, you will:
- Repair, clean, and ensure general maintenance of health equipment, including manual wheelchairs, hospital beds, and other related health equipment, to an already determined set of standards.
- Transport health equipment to various locations, as required.
- Maintain an inventory log of all completed projects, as well as keep an accurate inventory count of health equipment.
- Maintain an accurate record of health equipment donations received as well as inspection and accurate documentation of donated and/or returned health equipment.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of secondary school and a minimum of two years of safe driving experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled labourer experience is an asset for this role.
- Strong customer service skills and strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature.
- Familiarity with computers and inventory control systems is a definite asset.
- Experience with seniors, cognitively impaired, and physically disabled clients is considered an asset.
- Able to do heavy lifting (75 lb to 100 lb).
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s licence is required. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Eligibility to work in Canada: Currently, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.