Date: Jan 11, 2021
Location: Orangeville, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
41005 – Orangeville – Rotation – 12 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Assist in the ongoing management/administration of the Hydro One Learning Management System (HOLMS) including related processes and support.
- Assist in identifying and resolving computer application issues for the HOLMS by working with Talent Management, ISD, Inergi and the HOLMS vendor.
- Assist in the development and management of the HOLMS website information to ensure job aids, forms and other information related to HOLMS and eLearning database are current and meet customer needs.
- Assist in managing the eLearning database for both internal and external eLearning.
- Provide HOLMS reports as required and assistance to the user to complete their own reports.
- Assist Hydro One Client Groups to document, manage and resolve HOLMS specific issues.
- Assist in functionality testing of the HOLMS revisions/upgrades.
- Requires a university degree or equivalent level of education.
- Experience with health, safety and environment management practices and procedures; business information systems, software applications and computer hardware.
- Good knowledge of English, both in orally and written to prepare reviews, presentations, correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of computer technology to prepare various reports including; Microsoft Office (including SharePoint), HOLMS, SAP.
- Requires understanding of eLearning and training development on the eLearning platform.
- Demonstrated professional level of communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate effectively with customers.
- Demonstrated record of solving problems that require analysis of numerous variables and alternative solutions, and exercising judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work, and work in a team environment.
- A period of 4 up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- The ability to learn new tasks/information quickly and apply the skills to various situations.
- The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance.
- Flexibility and adaptability regarding changes to work.
- The desire to assist others, to meet their needs.
- The ability to build persuasive arguments based on logic and fact.
- At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.