Company: Hawk River Construction Limited
Business information: Hawk River Construction Limited is one of the largest full-site development companies with over 45 years of business experience in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands! We proudly provide all aspects of site preparation for residential and commercial applications. Our services include: road building, septic system design and installation, excavation, hardscape landscaping, barge services, site servicing, and we are equipped with a complete line of aggregates.
Business Address: 82 Mallard Rd., Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
Work Location: Various locations across ON depending on the construction sites
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking a highly motivated Heavy Equipment Operator to join #teamhawkriver. The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment which may include: excavator, grader, bulldozer, front end loader, skid steer, smooth drum, and compactor. Operators will use heavy equipment to perform a variety of tasks which may include: fine grading and finishing, sloping and banking; back filling, ditching, excavating, rough grading, stumping, sub-grade rolling, trenching, material handling, and snow removal.
- John Deere or Cat controls
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities,
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Complete onboard and other logs
- Prepare accident reports
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Secure appropriate attachments to equipment
- Report any repair issues or equipment/ job specific hazards immediately
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Assist with general labour duties when needed
- Complete daily paperwork detailing job hours specific to each project, equipment used and costs
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Actively communicate with the Foreman and/or General Manager, for example: changes requested by the customer, damages and hazards
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
– Education: Some secondary school education is required.
– Experience: At least 2 years of experience in the field OR Completion of a course in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training are required.
– Basic measurement and calculation skills are required
– Ability to work independently, with little supervision, and as part of a team,
– Driver’s License is an asset
-Experience in maintenance of equipment is an asset
-Experience in working around crushing equipment is an asset.
-Mechanical skills are an asset.
– Type of heavy equipment operated: Backhoe excavator, loader, Front end loader, Bobcats
– Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods, Handling heavy loads, Repetitive tasks, Excellent oral and written communication, Overtime required.
-Personal Suitability: Initiative, Accurate, Efficient interpersonal skills, Reliability, Flexibility, Team player, Organized
-Work site environment: Outdoors, Hot, Noisy, Cold/refrigerated
– Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
– Language requirement: English is required.
Salary: $31.50 hourly, 50 Hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Disability and Group insurance benefits, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage are provided. Bonus pay. Accommodation provided at a cost.
Important information: Flexibility on schedule is require. The regular work schedule is from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. Work during weekends may be required based on the business needs. Overtime is required.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org