Company: Dumas Contracting Ltd.
Business Information: Dumas is a leading full-service underground mining contractor providing services to clients throughout the Americas. From concept to completion, our services cover the complete project lifecycle. This includes site development and infrastructure, mine construction, production mining and specialty engineering services. With an extensive fleet of high quality production equipment, Dumas can meet the demands of any project in any location.
Business Address: 200-Bay Street, Suite 2301 Royal Bank South Tower, Toronto ON M5J 2J1
Work Location: 300 Feldman Rd. Timmins, ON P4N 7C3
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Troubleshoot and inspect bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
· Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
· Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work on equipment
· Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
· Verify and repair emission control systems
· Instruct apprentices
· Keep maintenance reports and documentation
· May perform repair work on heavy trucks
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in the trade is required
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads
Personal suitability: Judgement, Dependability, Flexibility, Accurate, Team player, Reliability
Major work area: Mining industry
Salary: $ 39.00 hourly, 44 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, RRSP benefits, Vision care benefits. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important information: The position includes working 11 hours a day. Work schedule will be from Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday, 4 days on 3 days off, rotating every 3 months. Occasional overtime may be required on Saturdays.
Note: Timmins maintenance facility is located in a remote place and there is no public transportation.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 19, RBC South Tower, Toronto ON, M5J 2J1
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Heavy equipment mechani