Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Wage Rate: $30.00 / Hour, (40 hours / week)
Education: Master’s Degree required
#202-17696 65A Avenue Surrey BC V3S 5N4
Work conditions & Physical capabilities:
Fast paced environment, Attention to detail.
Reliability, Team Player, Flexibility, Accuracy.
Preference will be given to someone with experience in TV Channel industry.
• Maintaining, troubleshooting and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment;
• Evaluation and installation of computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications;
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks;
• Providing problem-solving services to network users;
• Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading Web-server hardware and software;
• Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls; conduct monthly service tests on the software and network to ensure proper quality and security standards are met.
• Proposes and develops, using software or a programing language, applications or computerized tools according to the needs of the unit or problems encountered.
• Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance;
• Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records, data backups and disaster recovery operations; conduct tests and perform security and quality controls;
• Administer and keep up-to-date company web site
• Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software.