First Nations / Métis / Inuit – Home Advisor
2465 Argentia Rd
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
Be at the centre of great sales and service by joining the CCC Home Advisor Team
Home financing is one of the biggest decisions for one of the most significant purchases of our customer’s life. As a Home Advisor, you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of BMO customers every single day.
Why you’ll love growing your career here
- Enjoy the flexibility of working remotely, while playing a key role in helping your clients achieve their goal of home ownership.
- Security and peace of mind of a guaranteed base salary with the added benefit of increasing your earning power with a variable compensation component
- Be the single point of contact through the client home financing journey
- Make a strong Impact by destressing the home financing process
- As a trusted advisor, you’ll acquire in-depth knowledge of home financing products, with expert proficiency in arranging deals, driving customer conversations & solidifying customer relationships
- Work with internal partners to convert leads into sales, improve share of wallet and acquire new BMO customers
What you’ll need
- A passion for building meaningful relationships
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- An aptitude for sales
- Ability to think outside the box
- Adapt to meet client expectations
- Flexibility to accommodate client availability
- Knowledge of personal lending and home financing products
- Credit qualifications
- 2–3 years of relevant experience
How you’ll Succeed
- Understand customer needs and provide credit and lending-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects.
- Advise customers on borrowing strategies and products that meet their objectives. Fulfill sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identify and makes referrals to other business groups.
- Work through various channels based on the market needs to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Probe to understand customer needs and provide advice related to personal banking and borrowing strategies in the best interests of the customer.
- Effective and efficient pipeline management through the home financing journey.
- Manage all transactional outcomes of customer contacts or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Escalate complex or unresolved customer situations to managers as required.
- Perform any required documentation to ensure customer’s requests are accurately processed.
- Maintain current knowledge of personal banking and lending products, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- May research and investigate lending applications, following established processes.
- Handle customer contacts in an informed, professional, and efficient manner.
- Integrate marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations, where appropriate.
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identify and report suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions.
- Make credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures.
- Use authorized credit qualifications as needed to fulfill customer requests.
- Complete complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyze issues and determine next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.