Home Support Worker
Balwinder Hothi & Harpal Hothi
6535 124 Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3W 1P7
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00/hour for 40 hours a week
Language: Basic English
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
Minimum Education: High School
Job Location: 6535 124 Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3W 1P7
Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking
Hothi Family is looking for a permanent full-time Home Support Worker to look after their parents at their residence in Surrey, BC.
Home Support Worker will be required to perform following duties:
• Provide physical assistance.
• Provide personal care.
• Provide companionship.
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals
• Assist the elderly couple in personal hygiene, like bathing and bowel care.
• Assist elderly couple with dressing and grooming.
• Accompany the elderly couple to doctor’s appointments.
• Prepare meals and light housekeeping for our parents.
• Assist in activities of daily living.
• Perform routine housekeeping duties for elderly parents such as laundry, washing dishes and making bed.
• Shop for food and household supplies;
• Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
• Administer bedside and personal care. Administer medications.
• Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
• Completion of secondary school education (any post-secondary education is an asset).
• At least six months of Caregiver training or at least one year of full-time paid experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation is required.
• First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate will be an asset.
• Able to speak, write and read English.
• The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday.
• 5 days of paid sick leave. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation time.
• Free of cost in home accommodation can be provided, if needed. This is not the requirement of employment. We may help in finding suitable accommodation near by, if needed.
Employment groups: Aboriginal people, Youth, Students, New Immigrants, people with disability are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Kindly send your resume via email or mail, NO walk in please as this is our private household address. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 6535 124 Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3W 1P7