Sunshine Executive Suites has opening for housekeepers for our Northern BC Branches
Grow your career as part of a rapidly growing company with plenty of opportunity. Take responsibility work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you are trusted to make important decisions.
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Professional appearance and manners
- Clean rooms according to our company standards
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures
- Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests, and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner • Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is always operated correctly and secure
- Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities happening in security to the manager
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs • Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash
- Cleans sink and fixtures and restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee and other amenities
- Clean coffee pots when needed, – ensures pots are plugged in • Arrange furniture following use by guests
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform Laundry tasks when necessary, including collect, sort, transport laundry at the beginning of each shift.
- Remove laundry from dryers and fold immediately to prevent wrinkling.
- Stock linen supply room with clean linens for use for next day.
- Laundry to include bed linens, blankets, Duvets/Comforters, towels & face cloths, and restaurant table linens. At end of day all cleaning cloths will also be washed, dried and folded for housekeeping needs.
- Small mending repairs required as needed.
- Perform Houseperson duties if required.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
- 40 hours per week
Area: Northern BC